The LNP’s hugely successful Get in the Game initiative to assist sport and recreation at the grassroots level is set to receive a big funding boost.
State Government funding of more than $80 million had been approved for Get in the Game over the next three years.
Many Mudgeeraba clubs have already benefited from funding provided through Get in the Game programs initiated by the LNP Government.
Funding for each program will include:
• Get Started Vouchers—$15 million over three years for vouchers of up to $150 to assist children and young people who can least afford to join a sport or recreation club.
• Get Going Clubs—$10.5 million over three years for funding of up to $7500 for equipment and projects that improve access to sport and recreation activities.
• Get Playing Places and Spaces—$33 million over three years for funding of up to $100,000 for new or upgraded sport and recreation facilities.
• Get Playing Plus—$22.635 million over two years for funding between $300,000 and $1.5 million for new or upgraded sport and recreation facilities that meet regional and community needs.
Opening dates for upcoming rounds of each program are:
– Get Started Vouchers—15 July.
– Get Going Clubs—3 August.
– Get Playing Places and Spaces—3 August.
– Get Playing Plus—1 September.
For more information on all Get in the Game program dates, visit www.npsr.qld.gov.au/getinthegame