Completion: June 2020
Cost: $10.2 million
We are delivering a multi-million dollar upgrade of Old Coach Road in Reedy Creek, between the Kingsmore Boulevard roundabout (near the M1 Pacific Motorway Exit 85 off-ramp) and Tallebudgera Creek Road.
The project will improve safety for all road users by modifying the road alignment, separating pedestrians and cyclists from general traffic, and removing roadside hazards.
- Realignment and widening Old Coach Road between the Kingsmore Boulevard roundabout and the former Reedy Creek motocross track.
- New on-road cycle lanes between the Kingsmore Boulevard roundabout and the former Reedy Creek motocross track.
- A new off-road cycle and pedestrian path (southern side) between the Kingsmore Boulevard roundabout and the former Reedy Creek motocross track.
- Pavement replacement.
- New and upgraded stormwater drainage.
- New street lighting and landscaping.
We are working to minimise disruptions. However, lane closures will be required and traffic delays may be experienced at times. Trucks and earthmoving machinery will be working in the area and local residents may notice construction noise and dust. Thank you for your patience.
Benefits to the community
- improving the road alignment by removing reverse curves and a concealed driveway
- reducing the risk of run-off road crashes by removing roadside hazards and widening the shoulders and verges
- providing new separated cycle lanes
- providing new off-road cycle and pedestrian shared path that will eventually be extended all the way to Bermuda Street and Tallebudgera Creek Road
- new street lighting
- lowering the speed limit from 70 kilometres per hour to 60 kilometres per hour.
For more information contact the Project Manager on 07 5581 1804.
Area of works