8 November 2019
The M1 upgrade works between Mudgeeraba and Varsity Lakes are on target to be complete by mid-2020. Between now and then, changes to traffic will occur as new areas are opened to traffic.
- Above left – From the future new The Link Way (Exit 80) off-ramp looking south (towards Tweed Heads)
- This section in the northern part of the alignment is really taking shape. The above aerial photograph was taken just over a week ago and now asphalt has been installed across the entire northbound section up to Robina (Exit 82), including both new Mudgeeraba Creek bridges. Finishing works are now underway with signage, line marking and other works to be completed in the coming weeks. This section, including The Link Way (Exit 80) off-ramp, is expected to open to traffic later this year so upgrade works can occur in the centre of the carriageway. Further information will be provided.
- Above right – From Stapley Drive bridge near Varsity Lakes (Exit 85) looking north (towards Brisbane)
- Earthworks for the future northbound lanes are now well progressed with asphalting works underway in some areas. Last month, the old section of Stapley Drive bridge was removed and piling was completed. Concrete works for the underside of the bridge are now underway. This section between Varsity Lakes (Exit 85) and Robina (Exit 82) is expected to open to traffic in the first-half of 2020.
Activities next week
Most of the project’s works next week will occur during the day, Monday to Friday from 6am to 6pm.
Some limited night works will also be required next week on Sunday to Tuesday nights from 6pm to 6am. These works will occur behind construction barriers with no impacts to traffic expected. Local residents may hear some noise from these works.
- Mudgeeraba (Exit 79) to Robina (Exit 82) – Sunday to Tuesday
- Finishing works on the verge area along the new widened road will occur from Sunday to Tuesday nights on the northbound side near Mudgeeraba Creek bridge.
- Robina (Exit 82) to Varsity Lakes (Exit 85) – Monday and Tuesday
- Drainage works will occur on Monday and Tuesday nights on the new Robina (Exit 82) southbound on-ramp.
Please note – if work is delayed due to weather or construction conditions, activities will be carried out on the next available work shift.
Information about the project, including project plans and a fly-through video is available on our website: